Resolution 0203092020 (Amended)
WHEREAS, the Governor of Indiana, Eric Holcomb, did declare by Executive Order 20-20 on March 6, 2020 a State of Health Emergency does exist and as affirmed by Indiana State Board of Accounts State Examiner Paul Joyce March 12,2020 and according to the authority of IC 10-14-3-1 et.seq.,
WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners have issued a Disaster Emergency Declaration for Monroe County, beginning March 17th, 2020.
WHEREAS, the Declaration recognizes the presence of and community spread of the contagious and potentially life-threatening Novel Corona Virus.
NOW THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED, Perry Township Trustee has established the following Health Emergency Assistance Procedures:
- Perry Township is closed to general public walk in access.
- Applications and necessary documents will be accepted at the front door during your scheduled appointment time. A phone interview will then be conducted to consider eligibility. Applicant requests are assessed on a case by case basis.
- Staff are in the office to answer any questions by telephone, Monday through Friday, 9am-3pm.
- The Perry Township Food Pantry is open to the public. Visit our office and ring the door bell to the left of the door for assistance. Do not forget to bring identification and a piece of mail dated in the last 30 days to verify residency.
- If you are needing cremation assistance please call our office at 812-336-3713, Monday through Friday, 9am-3pm.
THIS AUTHORITY shall remain in force until revoked either by the Township Board or the Declaration by the Governor that the Health Emergency Declaration has expired.
ADOPTED THIS 19th DAY OF MARCH, 2020.
AMENDED THIS 6th DAY OF APRIL, 2021.